Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2002, 08:26 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

These are two of three cigars sent to myself and others here at CW from cgrman44.....Thanks for the opportunity Thom. ....

I decided to try the Dominican vitola first. This cigar has a medium brown wraper with a "dull" finish. No visible blemishes....nice and smooth. Seems to be a nicely filled cigar with no soft spots. The cap was nicely applied and snipped off quite cleanly. The draw was very easy, and produced a decent volume of smoke upon lighting.
This cigar IMO fits the "traditional" Dominican flavor/strength profile.....it had a nice cedary taste to it, but was a bit too mild for my partiular tastes. The burn was pretty good, although it required a couple of minor corrections about midway. This cigar(for me) would probably be well suited for an early morning smoke with a cup of coffee.....I could thing of a lot worse way of starting my day.
I would recommend this cigar for someone looking for a mild, smooth, but fairly flavorful smoke.

.....Later in the day I decided to try Vitola #2...the Nicaraguan entry. A robusto.
This cigar has a Maduro wrapper...nice even chocolate brown color, again...no cosmetic flaws. The fill was adequate with perhaps just a "bit" of sponginess.
After clipping the cap, I found the draw to be very easy with a nice pre-light taste to it..
Upon lighting, the first draw from this cigar produced a very large volume of smoke along with a very rich full flavor. It had that Nic sweetness that a lot of people love. This cigar is loaded with good flavor and a nice "kick" in the stength dept. I would tend to guess that fans of Padron products might find this cigar to be to their liking.I liked it a lot! I would definitely recommend trying the Embassy Nic.

.....my only "knock" on the two Embassy cigars that I have tried so far would be that I like a little more "solid" fill....out of the two that I sampled this past weekend, I definitely prefer the Nic. and would not hesitate to buy more.
I will try the Embassy Honduran at some point this week and post results afterwards.

.....Thanks again to Thom Daley for the opportunity to try his product.