Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

La Verite

I've had more than one. I have come to the conclusion that they are not very good. Especially considering their pedigree (and price, but in this case I thought that the price might equal the cigar, considering who made it). But they have severely underwhelmed me with their "flavor" and the wrappers are delicate and tend to come off while smoking.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
otto_sear

I don't think la Verite took off like everyone thought it would. I have a box of the 2009 Churchills, and I don't get very excited by them either, considering how expensive they are. It seems like Pete Johnson has abandoned this line, as he never talks about it.

Mine started out very strong, and now they are very smooth and nutty. Not bad, but not great either. Truth is, there are many other Tatuaje cigars that blow la verite away, in my opinion. Get yourself some la Riqueza robustos, or la casita criollo robustos, and taste the difference. Pete's broadleaf offerings are much tastier to me. YMMV
otto_sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #3
Ringo
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto_sear View Post
there are many other Tatuaje cigars that blow la verite away
I completely agree. Any of Pete Johnson's much lower priced offerings blow the La Verite line away. I smoke just about everything he makes. La Riqueza, El Triunfador, and more. Love them all. And of course Tatuaje itself. I figured that with a pedigree like that this expensive cigar may be worth the $$ for once, but it definitely was not. It was bland the whole way through and nothing ever developed with the smoke. I was killing these with a full 1/3 to go because I just did not see them getting any better and was starting to get the indicators that signal the end of a smoke. And the wrappers are delicate and like to unravel or crack as you smoke. I tried 2008 and 2009. I'm serious when I say that they would make smokeable $3 cigars but that's about it.