Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
mike s
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Bob Staeball and Aristocrat Humidors no longer making hand crafted humidors

Sad sad day. I had one of Bobs humidors before building my walk-in....which he helped with including a plumbed in set and forget humidifier. If you are lucky enough to have one of his pieces hold onto it! Not sure who is going to fill this void in the cigar world.

Cheers to you Bob! Thanks for helping preserve our cigars and obsession for maintaining the perfect humidity and temperatures.

mike s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Oh my. Very sad. I had always hoped to upgrade from my current Aristocrat Mini. Very sad indeed.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
otto_sear

Word on the street is that the lease is up and Bob didn’t feel like moving to a new location. So he’s shutting down the humidor side.

Avallo and Vigilant are still around, though. I’ve heard good things about both companies.
otto_sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #4
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto_sear View Post
Word on the street is that the lease is up and Bob didn’t feel like moving to a new location. So he’s shutting down the humidor side.
I'm not following this logic. The lease was up and what? The landowner wanted to use the other half for something else?

Old 01-30-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
otto_sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
I'm not following this logic. The lease was up and what? The landowner wanted to use the other half for something else?

“He's having issues renegotiating his lease, which is expiring in a couple of months. Bob said that he just doesn't have it in him to move shops, which is about a 2 month process.

He and a couple of folks he has working for him are going to move to a much smaller shop and only sell humidification systems. ”

That’s the word.
otto_sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto_sear View Post
“He's having issues renegotiating his lease, which is expiring in a couple of months. Bob said that he just doesn't have it in him to move shops, which is about a 2 month process.

He and a couple of folks he has working for him are going to move to a much smaller shop and only sell humidification systems. ”

That’s the word.
Thanks for the clarification. I can see the logic. I'm not sure how old Bob is, but he's been at this a long time. Maybe he's getting close to retirement age.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:49 PM   #7
jgbutler
Herf Meister

I’m really glad now that I went ahead and pulled the trigger on my MXT instead of putting it off. Bob put some stellar craftsmanship into his humidors! Hopefully he enjoys the slower pace, it is well deserved.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:08 AM   #8
Smok'em1313

I also have a cooledor that does just as good a job, but never regretted my purchase. Even though I go into it almost daily, I was just thinking about how my wife agreed 20 years ago for the purchase and how I still love the look of it.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:15 AM   #9
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

wish I had gotten to the point where I was fiscally able. Son has 2 more semesters in college...
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #10
Shadow
Charter Member
Herf Meister

I was planning on ordering one at the end of the year. Oh well, I'll have to look elsewhere, but I'll order the humidication and fans from Bob.