Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2007, 06:09 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Stand Alone Humidor Question

I think I know the answer to this but I am not sure, so I need your help to be sure.
My wife built me a stand alone humidor out of pine for the outside and lined with cedar on the inside. She also line the inside between the layers of wood, with a form barrier to ensure there are no leaks. The dementions are 48" wide, 40" tall and 36" deep. I am going to put a Sunpenton Digital Ultrasonic Humidifier with hygrostat senor, this should help keep the humidity where I want it which is 65%. I have a small ceramic heater for the winter when it gets cold here in NH to ensure the temp stays at 70 degrees.
Now my question. When I buy a box of cigars, is it best to leave the cellophane wrapper on the box or remove it ? OK now, No I'm not trying to get the old wrapper on or wrapper off thing going. This is similar to the old question but it's different also. Will the cigars stay humidified if it stays on or is it best to remove the cellophane from the box? It seems I have seen pictures of others stand alones have left the cellophane on. I have been to B&Ms where I have seen boxes left with the cellophane on the boxes and at others with the cellophane removed from the boxes as they sit in their walkin humidors. If you can stop laughing at this request for info, I'd like your opinions. Thanks!
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote