Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
pinto

Home alone - The Experience Trini Reyes and DC Toro

preface: please forgive the long windedness of this post, the influence of Mount Gay is beyond my control

The wife is away for the weekend doing womanly things (wedding showers etc) and I am home alone with the dog. Closed the store today at 3:00, our regular posted hrs are 10-1:00 Stopped on the way home to procur supplies for the evening.

1st stop roadside Amish stand for the season's first Lancaster county sweet corn. Picked up a 1/2 dozen for $1.50
2nd stop the liquor store for multiple refreshments.

Arrive home, let the dog into back yard and immediately insert my head into the freezer to pull the out the biggest, fattest filet I can find.

Retreat to the bedroom, quick change of clothes and into the humi to find my first smoke. I settle on a Trinidad Reyes from 02/05 acquired in my last box pass.

Whip a quick Mount Gay Mojito and retreat to the back patio and my cherish "Sky Chair" (thanks Bobby )

Ok, now the review

Construction- Beautiful wrapper, oily with an obvious sheen, many fine veins are visible, and terminate in a perfect pigtail. Very nice appearance only concern is the cigar is rockhard.

Pre-light draw
- very fine, hints of orange and peppermint.(orange is a first for me)

Light- nothing unusual, nice tobacco flavor, small quantity of smoke

First Ash - dropped at about 1 inch, average so far nothing to report.

2nd ash - it won't fall, very solid, cigar is looser by the time I reach the band but still tight.

Conclusion- An enjoyable smoke when paired with the current conditions, but not noteable on it's own. Draw was tight the entire way, the body was medium and the flavors were hindered by the lack of combustion. I'll give this a 6/10 mainly based on the draw problem.

Time to mix up another drink and throw the steak on the grill. I'm deciding on my after dinner cigar leaning towards an OR King B, but who knows?? I will update accordingly.

Till later,

-"The bottle was dusty, but the liquor was clean"

Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
pinto is offline   Reply With Quote