Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 07-25-2002, 11:30 PM   #1
scotsman40
Club Member

Still trying to decide what to do here so I have a question, or should I say several. First what are the advantages/disadvantages to each. Second how in Gods name do you hold temp. in a coolidor, a 150 qt. cooler is fairly cheap, from what I have read the Humidity medium that Mike Hotek sells is good, but what about temp.? I don't see you all throwing a bunch of ice packs in with your ISOM's.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:09 AM   #2
Vince

Quote:
Still trying to decide what to do here so I have a question, or should I say several. First what are the advantages/disadvantages to each. Second how in Gods name do you hold temp. in a coolidor, a 150 qt. cooler is fairly cheap, from what I have read the Humidity medium that Mike Hotek sells is good, but what about temp.? I don't see you all throwing a bunch of ice packs in with your ISOM's.
As far as I'm aware, the best way to regulate the temperature in a coolerdor is simply to keep it someplace that's fairly cool and has minimal temperature fluxuations. A first floor walk-in closet or a basement seems like a good bet.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 10:05 AM   #3
sd_smoker
Club Member

It all depends on your needs. If your house (or wherever you would keep the cooler) doesn't get above 75 or so then a cooler should be fine. For me, a fridge-a-dor was the only way to go. I just checked my humidor yesterday and it was at 80 degrees! I should be done with the fridge in about a week or so. I'm learning a lot as I go, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
"Personal charisma is a force that undermines institutions as often as it sustains them. Political institutions need the more reliable buttresses of tradition and duty. Mass emotionalism and celebrity-worship are hostile to any constitutional system."
sd_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 10:14 AM   #4
Castanza
Club Member

I just set up my coolerdor about 2 weeks ago. I have the digital pen, and i am having no problem with the temp. Whatever i keep the house thermostat on, it keeps it at that point. Right now its at about 73.6 in my closet. Now i am just checking the humidity level every 2-3 days, it is right at 69-70%.
Old 07-26-2002, 04:08 PM   #5
Oppie X
Herf Meister

I have both and once you tweak the wine cooler to the desired temp. it is the way to go.