Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 04-24-2002, 07:34 PM   #1
westsideelectric
Club Member

O.k., so thanks to the generosity of my CW family, I have too many sticks for my 50ct. Humi. Time to tackle my 1st coolerdor. Any lines on sources for cedar sheets for liners?
Old 04-24-2002, 07:37 PM   #2
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

Westside, you may want to consider this. Drop by your local cigar emporium and see if they have any empty boxes. Put ryou loose ciagrs in them then place the boxes in the cooler. That is what I did and it didn't cost me anything.
fvfanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 08:12 PM   #3
Duffer
Administrator
Charter Member

agree with the above....

In Memory of Steve Faccenda (TOJE)
Duffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 08:13 PM   #4
Natgolfer
Club Member

Location: #14, 559 yard par 5, lying 1, right side of fairway, 242 yards out, taking a leak behind an oak tree
Yes, cedar cabinets and boxes will work nicely, but MY tobacconist doesn't give these away - he sells them for a nominal charge.

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left"
Old 04-24-2002, 08:37 PM   #5
vern

Your buddy Vern will help you out.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:53 PM   #6
Herfules
Club Member

Looks like Vern's got you covered.

If you need or want more and can wait til my boxpass gets to you, I'll send you a bunch. Let me know by tomorrow and I'll pick it up Friday. These are sheets that come out of empty cigar boxes- they work great for cooler's.

Peace,
Herfules

Herfules like good cigar!
Old 04-24-2002, 10:51 PM   #7
love_this
Club Member

You really don't need to line the sides with spanish cedar. Cigar boxes have more than enough wood to do the job.

All the wood does is help stabilize your cooler. If you use oasis foam with 50/50 or Climmax beads or whatever, your humidity should be fine. All the wood does is hold moisture.

Those who use tupperware and oasis foam have no problem with humidity. No spanish cedar, just cigars.
love_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 06:05 AM   #8
hank

Westsideelectric, if you are still looking for cedar you might try this, http://www.yankeehardwood.com they do have 1/2" and 1/4". There not to far from me so I didn’t have to mail order from them. They told me it’s not a problem for them to do it though. I pick up quit a bit for the walk in wine/cigar room I built this winter.

Hank
hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:23 AM   #9
SmokeAndSpice
Club Member

I started dinking around with woodworking a year or so ago, and now am on mailing lists for all kinds of tools and supplies. A visit to a library (or Powell's) to browse magazines should get you all kinds of wood suppliers.

Good luck with your coolerdor-- I'm in the process of pulling one together, too. (My starter humidor is a 20-count and I currently have something like 60 sticks. :0 )
Old 04-25-2002, 10:08 AM   #10
westsideelectric
Club Member

Thank you to everyone for the great advice. Hopefully, I'll be seeing Vern next week and will get hooked up w/ the cedar sheets locally. I truly appreciate everyones' input. This is such a great bunch of folks here. I'll keep everyone updated on my 1st coolerdor construction process.