Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2002, 08:24 AM   #1
mannish
Herf God

So I was teasing about the Villazon reject
#73 (and other VRs getting the highest rating available) that couldn't even make it in the box as a first being rated higher in the CW DB than Monte #2s, CAOs...etc. Someone said becuase they are such a good value. So I ask you should CA, SMOKE ...etc rate the cigars based on value. The only 'true' review IMHO is a blind review where you don't even know the cigar much less the price. So should a cigar be rated based on how good the cigar was or should the price be considered.

Now it's no secret I am not a fan of Villazon products and after reading the CW DB ratings I decided to revisit the Villazon reject #73 that has been taking up space in my cooler. I did not and will not take the price into consideration. The cigar last night
was simply superb, excellent. I have to only give it a 'B' just becuase of a small burn issue that I had to repair (could have been my fault too moist or whatever) still I could not give it a perfect score. I nubbed it, enjoyed the heck oout of it. It beat the socks off a recently smoked ISOM Punch PC.
The only thing that kept it from being an 'A"
was the minor burn thing. Once again just becuase it was rated high doesn't mean it was a comparsion to Monte #2s, Trinidads...etc

It was simply an excellent cigar regardless of the price. Now to save you some typing
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK