Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #1
jwrussell
Herf Meister

Oh Sweet Signature(torano)!!!

Been struggling with a sinus thing for about a week now and today, I finally felt a ton better. So I decided to celebrate by breaking out one of my most recent purchases, a Torano Signature Robusto.

This cigar has a beautiful presentation with a double band of Bronze and White with the Torano Castle Crest in Green. The second band has Carlos Torano's Signature in Bronze as well. The foot is wrapped in a very glossy cedar leaving about 1/2 inch of the gorgeous oily looking, slightly toothy wrapper. There were a few veins visible on the wrapper, but far from detracting from the visual presentation, I believe they added to the beauty. This is all topped off by a well applied double cap.

Simply a shame to clip this beauty, but I didn't get them to look at!
The Xicar clipped the head evenly and the pre draw light was on the slightly loose side with a sweet tobacco taste. The foot toasted evenly first draw was pure heaven. Earth, Dark Chocolate and Leather. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
One or two touch-ups were necessary, but I'll put that down to not letting these rest long enough after receiving. The volume of smoke was just amazing. I've had quite a few smokes that were somewhat stingy on smoke, but not these little dark beauties. From the first puff to the last I got all the smoke I could handle.
These tastes remained through the first 2/3rds of the cigar at which point, I hate to say, I was interrupted and had to lay this baby to rest.

Without a doubt this one will be a regular. Can't wait to numb the next one.
jwrussell is offline   Reply With Quote