Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2003, 05:03 AM   #36
Deriffe
Herf Meister

Alright, I haven't kicked a hornets nest in a long time so I am about due. I had two Perdoma's this weekend. Here's my 2 cents.

First up was the Perdoma Reserve #5 Maduro. The wrapper was beautiful and glossy. I had no problem with the cut and the prelight draw had a nice earthly taste to it. It fired right up and produced lots of tasty smoke. The cigar burned even all the way up. The construction on this stick was perfect. It was a mid range strength for a maduro and left a pleasant after taste. I smoke this one to the nub and then grabbed grand paw's pipe, stuffed the nub in it, and finished it up. I really really really enjoyed this one. I still can't get over just how shiny that wrapper was. I can't wait for my next one.

Next up was a Perdoma #2 Milenario. My double blade cutter literally bounced off when I tried to cut the first time. I reached into last week and romped down on it again and got a good clean cut. (no, my blades are NOT dull). The pre light draw was somewhat weak but I assume this was because it is NOT a maduro It lit easily and had a good smooth draw. The taste was mild and pleasant. The burn was a little uneven but was fixed with a good torching. At about the two thirds point, the wrapper started to get a little brittle. I may have been over cooking it a smidge. I liked this one but honestly it wasn't strong enough for my taste. I've got a couple more in the humi so we'll see how they do when they sleep a bit.

I've had these cigars in my humidor for a couple of weeks at 70 - 71 degrees and 63 - 65 % RH. I need to get some more of those #5's.
Deriffe is offline   Reply With Quote