Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 08-25-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Andrew Luck

I can't believe he got booed as he walked off the field in Indy.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:34 PM   #2
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Classy, eh?

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:34 PM   #3
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

about as classy as people bitching he ruined their fantasy teams. Poor bastard got the crap beat of him.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:27 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
about as classy as people bitching he ruined their fantasy teams. Poor bastard got the crap beat of him.
Yes, yes he did.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:07 AM   #5
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I don't think many who play fantasy football would disagree that he was a fantasy disaster.

The fact remains that he was the recipient of a whole lot of slobberknockers. Mainly because the Colt's o- line couldn't protect him. Not his fault, but he bore the brunt of the consequences. Even so, he made a spectacular comeback 2 years ago.

His timing sucks being so close to the seasons' opening game, but it also shows a level of self-awareness and admitting to your limitations that is rare for pro sports these days.

I wish him nothing but future success. He is walking away from a lot of money.

Unborn lives matter too.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #6
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

If I were a Colt's fan I would have booed, too. There is no justification for waiting two weeks before the season starts to make this announcement.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:16 AM   #7
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

College FB starts TONIGHT!

Clemson v GA Tech.
I am READY!

Unborn lives matter too.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:35 AM   #8
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I'm going to the last Syracuse Mets game tonight. I haven't gone to a game all year. Tim Tebow plays for the Syracuse Mets, but he's out do to injury. I'd kinda like to see him play.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:22 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I think tonight is the last professional baseball game in greater New Orleans for what may be a very long time.
I had not been to games in a few years. Attendance has been really off for at least ten years or more. A name change two years ago sealed the deal, which the current ownership was looking for in any case. They get a shiny, brand-new ball park in Wichita, Kansas.

Out-of-town ownership is a saving grace at first, but then it precedes a slide.
Choosing a stupid name, which IS a trend in minor league baseball around the country, first thought of by an advertising firm in San Diego and foisted on the few fans by a fake, pre-determined contest, was a huge factor as of late. Although it DID build some buzz that the franchise had not had in years and years, which did NOT translate to fans in the stands because few liked the mascot.
Being affiliated with the horrible Marlins organization for the past 15 years has not helped at all, either.

The ball park, one mile from my home, was built in 1997 and is a good facility, although nearly EVERYONE in media and social media gripe that it's out-dated, no amenities, yada, yada, yada. We routinely sold out those first three or four years in the ball park, then the Astros pulled the affiliation and ball club moving it Round Rock, Texas, to reward Astros' family : Nolan Ryan, club owner.

In case you are wondering we went from New Orleans Zephyrs, 1993-2016 to New Orleans Baby Cakes. "Cakes" merch. is pretty cool looking, the colors and all, but that's about it.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #10
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Our AAA team has been the Syracuse Chief's for as long as I can remember. The mascot was originally an Indian, but that was deemed to be politically incorrect, so they became the SkyChiefs for a brief period of time, with their mascot being a plane. Then they decided to go back to Chiefs, but this time the mascot was a train, not an Indian. The Mets bought the team a year ago and they have a 25 year contract. So we'll be the Mets for a long time to come, which is fine with me.

Our stadium was built in the 90's, but it is said that it needs serious renovations. I don't see why. I couldn't care less about anything but quality seating and a good view. But, apparently, the city/state agreed to renovations as part of the deal with the Mets. So more taxpayer money used to subsidize a billion dollar industry.