Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 PM   #16
immortalcigar
Starting Member

Thanks everyone! As you can see I've been lurking quite a bit before actually making a first post. I have been thoroughly reading different topics about cigars (mainly isoms) and its storage from here and other sites. The humidor was first seasoned with PG, which was fine for the first week, but then the humidity started fluctuating. This was mainly because of me opening it everyday to sniff the cedar. I soon discovered many of you guys used beads to which I quickly switched over to. The humidity has since been rock solid ever since.

The questions has really been discussed before but I really wanted to put them into one thread. It really would have been better in poll form, but it wasn't just that I was lazy, I tried with many failed attempts (by previewing)and just gave it up altogether.

These two questions came about because I am experiencing these situations myself:

I had obtained a certain tubed cigar from Canada a while back and decided to get it a humidor for it. Well, how stupid it must be to have just one cigar in the humidor; thus began my cigar collecting and smoking. Some say leave it in and others say to take it out. They say air is needed for aging and others say that the flavor should be left sealed in the tube. Well, I took it out of the tube for several weeks. Then I thought to myself that what I really was doing was just letting that good tobacco smell go away so I quickly regretted and put it back in its tube again.

I bought a box of fresh PSD4 which many of you say will go sick after awhile. This box went to the tupidor for aging. One was put in the humidor along with a few other ISOMs. In a way, I was hoping to see if this made any difference to the aging time because of more air available around it. I was going to dump a few more into the humidor, but then decided against it since I liked the untainted smell of the fresh PSD4s . Who knows, maybe the stagnant air (if left close for a long time) in the original box contributes more to the sick periods.
immortalcigar is offline   Reply With Quote