Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #36
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

I would have been more willing to accept it as true many decades ago, when the nickel cigars were filled with generic filler bought on the commodity scale. Back then, you may have had nothing but the wrapper exhibiting distinctive flavor.

I don't know how many of you actually smoked a lot of short filler cigars. I can remember way back when when I was smoking AyC finding candela wrapper all through them, time and again. They didn't care what went into the cigar, if it wasn't usable for wrapper it was dumped in with the filler, and so did the thousands of sticks every day that failed inspection.

When you have the most nondescript filler possible and put a reasonably good wrapper on it, it should be expected.

I wonder, do the real experts, the blenders, still say this?
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote