Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
ToddM

Savinelli's? Anyone but me?

Does anyone else out there partake in a Savinelli everyonce in a while? I see very little mentioned about Savinelli's, I smoke the torpedo and the toro. One or the other is usually in my rotation at some point. Good construction, decent flavor and usually a nice even burn from these cigars. As I lit one up last night I thought how little "play" the Savinelli's get and wondered why....am I missing something?

Just curious for the most part!

Todd
ToddM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:37 PM   #2
ZachS
Club Member

Re: Savinelli's? Anyone but me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddM
Does anyone else out there partake in a Savinelli everyonce in a while? I see very little mentioned about Savinelli's, I smoke the torpedo and the toro. One or the other is usually in my rotation at some point. Good construction, decent flavor and usually a nice even burn from these cigars. As I lit one up last night I thought how little "play" the Savinelli's get and wondered why....am I missing something?

Just curious for the most part!

Todd
I own a couple of nice punto oro's, but I dont think that's what you're talking about...

ZachS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:10 AM   #3
echo4alpha

I used to love the Savinelli 2nds from Cbid. I haven't had one in while. It's been a about a year, so the age outta make 'em better. I think I'll fire one up in the AM.
echo4alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:50 AM   #4
chgo2kc

SNR's are well made and flavorful sticks. Have some toro's and torps as well. I prefer the toro's as they have a little more umph in them. Also have the Special Selection. Supposed to be the first crop coming from them well fertilized hills according to Don Kiki. If you like these check out the JL Salazar's from Senor Kiki. A step up in flavor and umph!
chgo2kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:23 AM   #5
ToddM

Excellent! I will have to try a JL Salazar, thanks for the tip!

I bought a box of Toro's off Cbid recently, they have been sitting in my my humi for a bit, so I took one for a test drive the other night and I really liked the construction of the cigar and feel of the wrapper, I was not disappointed. Not that these cigars are the best I have ever smoked, but I think they are certainly worthy of a ligitimate try if you haven't had one before.

Todd
Old 10-08-2004, 05:53 AM   #6
Pulse

I just smoked one for the first time last night. I got it in a trade with one of the FOG's. It was pretty good I must say. A little tight in the beginning but about half way eased up and smoked nicely.

I would pick up a few if I came across them to throw in the humi for the occassional smoke.
Pulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:46 AM   #7
Tumbleweed
Club Member

I bought a box about a year ago. Just a little green. Torched one up 6 mo. or so ago, it was better. They should be ready by now. Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to dig them out and try one this weekend.

www.versablock.com
Tumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:47 AM   #8
althekillr
Club Member

pretty good cigar, IMHO. But for the price there are better alternatives out there.
althekillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:25 AM   #9
Texas Cop
Club Member

I am a big fan of the Savinelli cigars, however, they are a bit on the pricey side..

Andrew
You lot say you want to know the 2 most important things about Ireland? Well, first of all, Cane and Abel, they had to be from bloody fucking Belfast, didn't they? Second, in Ireland, we have our own Holy Trinity: Death, Pain, and Suffering.
Texas Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #10
ToddM

Quote:
Originally Posted by althekillr
pretty good cigar, IMHO. But for the price there are better alternatives out there.
Actually that is a pretty good point, there are certainly some other smokes in the Savinelli price range I would grab first. For the sake of a decent alternative and something different, I find them pretty enjoyable.

Todd