Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

Glenlivet Nádurra 16 Year Old is...

...apparently going to be discontinued. The signs are all but on the wall, as a newer Oloroso (sherry cask) matured (initially released at 48%ABV, but subsequently available in a cask strength bottling) one starts to appear on retailers' shelves. The difference? No age statement indicated! This edition will likely be followed by another ex-Bourbon oak matured release, and possibly also by other Nádurras aged in different sorts of casks - once again, all probably without any indication of age. This change reflects a creeping industry trend toward no-age-statement Scotch malt whiskies - a change that distilleries and marketing personnel insist allows for more flexibility in managing stocks and in ensuring that the highest quality possible is maintained.

The Glenlivet Nádurra 16 Year Old is surely one of the best bang-for-buck Highland malt whiskies of its age-range out there. Aged exclusively in 1st-fill ex-Bourbon casks and bottled at cask strength (alcohol levels vary marginally from one batch to another, but generally run in the low to high 50%ABV range), it's a spirit that can be appreciated both by novice and more experienced drinkers.

If you are, like me, a 'fan', it might be worth your while to grab a bottle or two before it disappears.