Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #21
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I couldn't have said it any better, Brian.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:52 PM   #22
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsslack View Post
But, that's part of why it works. Tearing someone a new orifice in the OC, is part and parcel as to why it works. We all know whom resides on the right-middle and left. But, because we have the intellect to conduct ourselves dependent of the given room, we can get along. Cigars are the common denominator for CW. By, allowing some latitude we encourage dialog that would otherwise bring out the Ban. It is a simple, yet difficult approach. Difficult, because it requires a diligent eye and ear. Now, there have been plenty of folks rightfully bounced and a few that caught an admin on a bad day, but them's the breaks. Plus, many of the goldfish that got flushed down the O'Lectronic Loo, have done virtually the same things at other sites, with similar results. Add in the shysters who are basically mooches or flat out deceptive and the Admins have their hands full. But, that's why they get the Big Bucks! (pause for sputtering and maybe a chuckle) This house still stands, because of one irrefutable trait......the People Here Care. The longtime Members, Admins and the Owner. This place was saved, because people care about it. It's a haven and a rant outlet on a bad day. It's a laugh on the average day, a welcoming friend on a good day and a supportive shoulder on your worst day. This place has seen me personally through the roughest times of my life. Ironically, this was were the real life melodrama of LB and I was documented. Good, Bad, heartbreaking and then ultimately redeeming. It all happened here, in the one and only place it was shared. While that is amazing unto it's self, guess what? I'm not the only one, far from it. We share all of the laughs, love's, life's hardships and the mortality that faces us all, here together. Strangers in the real world, but Brothers among-st the screens. For that I am truly grateful.

Cheers!
Excellent.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #23
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsslack View Post
But, that's part of why it works. Tearing someone a new orifice in the OC, is part and parcel as to why it works. We all know whom resides on the right-middle and left. But, because we have the intellect to conduct ourselves dependent of the given room, we can get along. Cigars are the common denominator for CW. By, allowing some latitude we encourage dialog that would otherwise bring out the Ban. It is a simple, yet difficult approach. Difficult, because it requires a diligent eye and ear. Now, there have been plenty of folks rightfully bounced and a few that caught an admin on a bad day, but them's the breaks. Plus, many of the goldfish that got flushed down the O'Lectronic Loo, have done virtually the same things at other sites, with similar results. Add in the shysters who are basically mooches or flat out deceptive and the Admins have their hands full. But, that's why they get the Big Bucks! (pause for sputtering and maybe a chuckle) This house still stands, because of one irrefutable trait......the People Here Care. The longtime Members, Admins and the Owner. This place was saved, because people care about it. It's a haven and a rant outlet on a bad day. It's a laugh on the average day, a welcoming friend on a good day and a supportive shoulder on your worst day. This place has seen me personally through the roughest times of my life. Ironically, this was were the real life melodrama of LB and I was

documented. Good, Bad, heartbreaking and then ultimately redeeming. It all happened here, in the one and only place it was shared. While that is amazing unto it's self, guess what? I'm not the only one, far from it. We share all of the laughs, love's, life's hardships and the mortality that faces us all, here together. Strangers in the real world, but Brothers among-st the screens. For that I am truly grateful.

Cheers!
Very well thought out dialog and interesting to read!
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:13 PM   #24
dz130
Herf Meister

That's the problem. We have become so unable to talk face to face anymore that courtesy is disappearing.

People will go and say absolutely anything on the internet that they could or would never say face to face with an actual person.

Screw them. Like what you smoke and smoke what you like.

Finally out of the sandbox.

If I say Corona, I ain't talking beer.

RIP Ed Toner
dz130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #25
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
Wow there are some strange cigar homes out there in the social world... I was added to one and have left after seeming to piss them off by offering up that there are very few absolutes in cigars other than "like what you smoke, smoke what you like"
The real question and issue here is thus: Why have you been checking out other cigar forums?

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #26
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
The real question and issue here is thus: Why have you been checking out other cigar forums?
I don't owe anyone an answer but here are some thoughts about your question:
  1. it was on facebook, where CW has no presence (and which is where a fair number of the absent CW members seem to be)
  2. Read the first post from this thread carefully please, the "I was added" part... I accepted without realizing I had accepted.

Quote:
Wow there are some strange cigar homes out there in the social world... I was added to one and have left after seeming to piss them off by offering up that there are very few absolutes in cigars other than "like what you smoke, smoke what you like"

Apparently there is a perfect temp, RH, and there is a best cigar in the world

Wow.
Finally I have mostly enjoyed CW but we have had periods where people have left over disputes, inability to get along, whatever. Even Switzerland has problems. Everyone has the point where the go "I am too old for this ration of human fecal matter". I am not there but you never know.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant

Last edited by grtrx; 04-02-2018 at 11:35 AM.
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:42 AM   #27
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
I don't owe anyone an answer but here are some thoughts about your question:
[LIST=1][*]it was on facebook, where CW has no presence (and which is where a fair number of the absent CW members seem to be)
Where have you been? There is a CW group on FB. Tommy posts there frequently.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #28
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I know you know this. But I have to do it anyway.

Cigar Weekly Group on Facebook.

Cigar Weekly Page

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #29
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I am putting my computer on mute for the night.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote