Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva

Yummmmy! I guess I could leave my description at that, but to do so would be doing an injustice to this cigar.
I received this cigar as part of a pkg deal when purchasing a box of Revelations at an Ashton event in Tampa recently.....just now getting around to smoking it.
This is a real beauty of a cigar, a Toro in size/shape, with an enticing dark brown oily wrapper. After clipping the cap I took the time to take a pre-light draw and it only made me look forward to lighting this one up even more. There was a combination of cocoa, spiciness, coffee & and sweetness coming from the wrapper. Lighting up, I got a good initial rush of spices and a nice nose tingle, getting a heavy dose of both pepper & cocoa right off the bat! I love getting that "punch" when "nosing" a cigar that puts out a large volume of smoke, and this cigar delivered. After about an inch it settled down a bit, smoothing out to more of a cocoa/coffee flavor....but never losing that spiciness that I really like. As I sat there enjoying this smoke I tried to take note of the things I enjoyed most about this cigar, one of those being a nice even burn. I resisted the urge to ash as I wanted to see just how long it would hang in there. It made it a good third of the length of the cigar before the ash finally fell.....a fine, firm, light grey ash. The wrapper burned pretty much "true" the whole way, only touching it up once the entire time. The strength of this cigar held pretty steady at the med/full range IMO....gradually advancing to high side of med/full in the final third. This ended up being a "nubber" as it never became bitter or harsh. IMO this cigar is very similar to the San Cristabol Revelation (another favorite of mine) which makes sense as they are both Ashton products.
I hated seeing this one come to an end, and look forward to trying more in the future. If I had to give this one a "score" I'd have to give it a solid 4 1/2 stars out of 5. +