Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

this was definitely a 90+

One of the GrtRx bombardment packages was a selection of JR ultimates, but not a standard band. It was a limited edition something or other, it escapes me, but it looked as if it had come as a special sampler. The one I smoked was a maduro Lonsdale.

The thing ranked a 95 on appearance, because I don't think I've ever seen such a perfect smoke. the wrapper was toothy and dark, finely veined, and perfectly constructed. It was just slightly box pressed, but otherwise just as perfectly shaped as a dowel.

Construction was at least a 95. I cut it with a dull guillotine, and the head stayed intact. bunch was perfect, without a soft or hard spot, and it had a great draw for such a firm, well built narrow ring smoke. It honestly burned razor sharp all the way down, with a fine, smooth white ash. it was magnificent sitting in the sun, seeing that thing.

The flavor started out a bit peppery, and it took a bit before the typical flavors started coming through. It was a milder version of what I'm used to in ults, but the thing gave off beautiful blue clouds, with a magnificent multi textured aroma. basically burning leaves, earth, and what struck me as a bit of maple in the aroma. I'll put it in as an 85+ there, because even though it was a great smoke for me, it may have been less than satisfying for most. It was lacking in power.

So, I'm going to put it up overall as a strong 90. The important thing to me is that it was a masterpiece of construction and so forth, and I also rate it very highly in the more subjective matter of taste.

Very nice. Aged ults are great. this one was absolutely exceptional.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote