Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

El Rey del Mundo (Robusto Larga Oscuro?)-H311oLHD and JCole3

Setting: Outside my dorm. around 3:45pm (crazy wind!)
Beverage: None
Smoke time: 45 minutes

The ERDM Robusto Larga Oscuro is easily the best cigar that I have reviewed with Jacob, the presentation, taste, aroma, burn were all terrific!

I thought it was really cool that it came wrapped in tissue paper with the band on the outside. I know that there are other cigars (don tomas) that does this too, but I've never seen it up close, I also enjoyed smoking the cigar without having to worry bout the lable. I wasn't too impressed with the wrapper on this cigar, it had a noticable blemish and was quite veiny.

I've only had a few cigars that had oscuro wrappers, so I'm not extremely familiar with the tastes that I should have tasted, but I felt that this cigar was medium in body and I thought it was a bit spicey. I'm very interested to find out what Jacob tasted.

The overall construction was terrific, no noticable softspots and the cigar didn't seem underfilled or overfilled....perfect! The burn was also terrific, razor straight and even corrected the problem I caused by lame lighting (wind amde it impossible to light this thing!) The ERDM also produced lots of great smoke.

Unfortunatly the weather played a huge factor in my ability to fully enjoy it, but had the weather been sunny and warm....man o man!

I will DEFINITELY be purchasing some of these!

Overall score: 45/50
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote