Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Warped El Oso Miami

It's a nice day here in Iowa today so I decided to smoke something that has potential. It's another grab bag cigar, the El Oso. I had no idea of the pedigree of this cigar other than what I could see. The cigar has a smooth lustrous dark brown wrapper. The cap is clean and the foot is closed. The size is 5.5 x about 44. It's a corona. It has a thin silver band with writing and imagery in what looks like royal blue. It says: El Oso Miami. There is a full front bears head wearing a tiny crown.

The foot yielded a light toasty aroma. I clipped the cap and checked the draw. It was a little firm. I debated using a tool on it and decided not to.
I put a match to the foot and the closed foot lit readily. I was getting plenty of smoke so the draw was fine.
Right from the first I was getting smooth, rich tasting smoke. It's usually a good sign when a cigar tastes good immediately!
The ash was very tight. One usually sees cracks and fissures in the ash and there was none of that. The ash was a smooth gray cylinder. The burn was nice and even. The flavor continued to intensify giving me rich cocoa and some muted sweetness. This is living good! With about an inch and a half left the cigar started getting hot. I didn't want to ruin a good thing so I let it go. I will smoke a good tasting cigar to a nub, but it isn't something that has to happen every time.
After smoking I decided to check out the brand. I had never seen it before. I discovered that it's a Warped product. It's produced in small batches out of Miami. The corona size isn't offered at present at the couple places I checked. The three sizes that are offered all run in the $10 apiece range.
I'm not surprised. This is a really good high quality cigar. I'm rating this one a 4.5 of 5. If I smoke another and the draw is more open I'm sure I'll raise that to a full 5. I highly recommend this brand.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:03 PM   #2
bsslack
Herf Meister

Great review Tim!

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote