Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
lastminute
Starting Member

Cool Dual Review: Indian Tabac Maduro

Hey, its Mississippi Rifleman again with Lastminute for another dual review.

Appearance: Good overall look. No major veins on either cigar. Cap looks really well. Lastminute's actually had to plume on it....the lucky bastard.

Pre-light draw

LM: hazelnut and dark chocolate. Easy draw.
MR: bitter chocolate notes and a smooth draw.

First Third

LM: very creamy, hint of spice
MR: at first, I got a blast of chili pepper flakes, like what you sprinkle your pizza, with a cocoa and a very prominent taste of french vanilla creamer, woody flavors

Second Third

LM : vanilla wafers, hints of Dr. Pepper
MR: woody notes...heavy woody notes, still has some creaminess, hint of cola..like RC cola

Last Third

LM: Pecan with more cola tastes, aroma of a smoldering camp fire...throw another log on the fire and pour another drink and make it three fingers this time. Woodsy notes like the woody notes that are in a good whiskey

MR: Not too much different than the second half. Maybe a little more woodsy.

Overall:

LM: Very good tasting cigar. Cool smoke even when it got down to nub size. Disappointed in the burn and ash.

MR: Pretty good cigar, but I had some burn problems. I could keep it lit too much so I had to relight. I had some runners on the cigar that didn't self correct so I had to touch it up with my lighter. The flavor was pretty good though.

Score

87/100