Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 04-26-2002, 01:21 AM   #21
Dlippner

Mike:

order has been placed for a Slim Laser and Palio cutter !

Thanks

Derek
Old 04-26-2002, 04:20 PM   #22
Renaissance Man
Owner Emeritus
Herf God

Mike, How does the Slim Laser work at altitude (say about 4500' or so)?

Please remember to visit our sponsors

My current rotation: Bolivars (RC, PC, BBF, CE and Corona JR), Punch Punch, El Original Claro Corona and Lancero, Davidoff Grand Cru #1, VR Famoso, Upmann #2, and R&J Churchill.
Renaissance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:23 PM   #23
mhotek

No clue. Haven't tested that high. I know the Vector is tested at altitude, but no idea on the Solo lighters.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:24 PM   #24
solomr2
Herf Meister

Folks, about 1 year ago I bought a Colibri Firebird Quantum SST Trooper on cigar bid for about $20, and I swear this is the best lighter I ever had, bar none. To begin with, the shape is perfect for lighting cigars, and you'll never burn your fingers. Also, the built-in cigar cutter comes in handy in a pinch. The tank is big, and the window is handy for checking fuel level, the chain attached cover keeps the dirt out of the burners, and being a manual cap you can't have any problems with the mechanicals.

In the past year, I have used this lighter so much, the paint is wearing off, but it never fails to fire on the first click. I've taken it to dozens of parties and it often makes the rounds, so it has lit hundreds if not thousands of cigars, but never a miss.

Now, maybe I'm just lucky, but the wear and tear this lighter has seen is far from ordinary, yet it keeps on going. And, to top it off, I already used 3 full cans of Colibri fuel in it (almost 4), and I have never once bled the lighter or cleaned it in any way.

So, maybe this is the exception, but if I could I would buy more of these to have one at the office, one in the car, one in humi, etc. The trouble is, except for that one time I have never seen them again on Cbid. I don't even know if Colibri even makes them anymore.

Anyway, I would strongly recommend this lighter to anyone - if you can find it.

Edited by - solomr2 on 04/30/2002 11:26:37 PM
Old 05-01-2002, 01:01 AM   #25
mhotek

Nope. Discontinued if I'm reading the pricelist correctly.