Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
shrink
Club Member

This is the first review of the Salomones I've read. Eric, I appreciate your take on this vitola, "medium" bodied or otherwise. Some thoughts on this particular cigar:

I just received my first 10'er, and I think that they are one of the most beautiful cigars I've ever seen. They are all symmetrical, and nearly identical in shape and size. The wrappers are dark, with oils already showing on the surface. I would describe them as magnificent. Truly works of the torcedor's art.

The smell cold is exceptionally sweet, showing good fermentation. The body or "strength", while important, is less critical to me than the quality of the flavor profile. I would expect a classic Partagas profile, with a woody core layered with spices and pepper. Some recent 2008 Partagas that I've had tasted showed greater strength and more pepper after settling in for a few months; this was true of both my boxes of PSD4's and Petite Coronas Especiales. Hopefully, some box time will also bring out more body in the Salomones.

I'm going to wait a few weeks before making the first sacrifice, but it's going to be a challenge.

Last edited by shrink; 12-26-2008 at 07:05 PM.
shrink is offline   Reply With Quote