Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
ulster
Club Member

Another Lighter Question - IM Corona

I am looking at getting myself a nice lighter - not too overly expensive like an ST Dupont. Looking at the IM Corona Double Corona - anyone have one or have experience with them?

I have two Xikar's that I usually use - a soft flame and double torch but I really like the idea of having a nicer and hopefully longer lasting lighter with a nice classic look.
ulster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Harleyrider
Club Member

People seem to love the Coronas, especially the Old Boys. They always seemed a big pricey to me, though. How much are you looking to spend? Mike's has a black Dupont X-tend on sale for $125 right now. I have one, and they are great.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
Smoker06
Herf God

I've also got an Old Boy. It works well, but it's not something you'd want to carry in your pocket on a daily basis.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
Renaissance Man
Owner Emeritus
Herf God

They are very nice lighters and reasonably priced for what you get.
My current rotation: Bolivars (RC, PC, BBF, CE and Corona JR), Punch Punch, El Original Claro Corona and Lancero, Davidoff Grand Cru #1, VR Famoso, Upmann #2, and R&J Churchill.
Renaissance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Stevo
Club Member

My current favorite is the Vector Emporer. It's a soft-flamed, double-flamed lighter with a flint spark.

It's very nice and also very reasonable - Around $40.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
Wankel
Herf God

I have two Old Boys; one has black matte finish/chrome trim and the other is vertical lined chrome finish. Love 'em. They are the best, most reliable lighters I own. I especially like the sideways oriented flame.

If you buy one, get some Corona flints. If you use other flints, they may fit but they can gunk up the striker wheel.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
Wankel
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
My current favorite is the Vector Emporer. It's a soft-flamed, double-flamed lighter with a flint spark.

It's very nice and also very reasonable - Around $40.
The Vector Thunderbird insert is nice also... I have two of these. They fit a standard Zippo case, cost around 412, have a lifetime warranty (for what its worth) and a person would be hard pressed to tell the difference between them and a Zippo lighter fluid insert.

If you buy the Thunderbird lighter, the quality of the case isn't very good. The insert can be used in a standard Zippo though but you'll end up paying a bit more for that lousy case......