Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:19 AM   #11
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Probably not, but I don't consider Trenton a major city.

Now, I'll freely admit that the only place I have been to in NJ is Newark, and no city deserves to be compared to that. Good grief is that one butt ugly city.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

Last edited by BigO; 12-22-2017 at 08:22 AM.
BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #12
Ringo
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
And I discovered this about the Dunhills - They were called La Flor del Punto. Very little is known about this Dunhill-exclusive brand. It is believed to have been introduced sometime in the 1970s and produced in the Partagás Factory.
No I was wrong about this. It all fit together but I managed to find a single picture of a box of them and they are different. So I am back to square one on those. I wrote to cigar.com, they sell aged and rare cigars in their luxury collection. They referred me to someone who works with the cigars in the luxury collection. I wrote so I am just waiting for the reply. But they might not recognize them either. I would like to get in touch with one of those guys in Hong Kong who deal in rare cigars. I am sure they would know but I cannot find a way to contact them.

Update - I was able to send messages with photos to two of the Hong Kong guys, hopefully they will write back.

Last edited by Ringo; 12-22-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:53 PM   #13
La Corojo

Nice post, thanks for the info!
La Corojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:18 AM   #14
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
Probably not, but I don't consider Trenton a major city.

Now, I'll freely admit that the only place I have been to in NJ is Newark, and no city deserves to be compared to that. Good grief is that one butt ugly city.
Trenton IS the state capital, and has been an influential city since before the Revolution, which is why it was important when Washington took it.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #15
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Trenton IS the state capital, and has been an influential city since before the Revolution, which is why it was important when Washington took it.
Trenton Makes, The World Takes

Well once upon a time. Trenton is a considerably faded rose.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:21 PM   #16
Gene
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
Trenton Makes, The World Takes

Well once upon a time. Trenton is a considerably faded rose.

That sign should now read: Jerseyites Make Trenton Takes
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #17
Master Gates
Club Member

Just reading now...

Ringo- in post 5 you wrote the la coronas arent clear havanas at all, but as you describe them, you are describing exactly what a clear havana cigar is. ie a cigar rolled in the US made entirely from cuban tobacco. And of course by definition, clear havanas are also pre embargo.
Master Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #18
Ringo
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Gates View Post
Just reading now...

Ringo- in post 5 you wrote the la coronas arent clear havanas at all, but as you describe them, you are describing exactly what a clear havana cigar is. ie a cigar rolled in the US made entirely from cuban tobacco. And of course by definition, clear havanas are also pre embargo.

I know that! So I don't know why I said that. I'll have to have a smoke and think about this.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:42 PM   #19
Master Gates
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
I know that! So I don't know why I said that. I'll have to have a smoke and think about this.
Lol

Ok, so tell us about the partagas now
Master Gates is offline   Reply With Quote