Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Ventilation Ventilation Ventilation

I met several of my BOTL at a cigar lounge last week looking forward to good conversation while herfing a couple sticks over a 3-4 hour period. The place has comfortable seating with big over stuffed leather couches and chairs. The place is well appointed and staffed well to include an above average menu of spirits and bar food. BUT, I was about half way into my second stick when I noticed the smoke, it was intrusive. There were maybe 20-25 herfers all together in the place. It was affecting me physically. I could feel it while breathing and of course my eyes were burning. I told my buddies goodnight and left a half stick in the ashtray and departed. Thankful to be outside in fresh air. Man a poorly ventilated lounge is just unpleasant. I was talking with one of my buddies a few days later and he said he felt it the next day in his chest.

Seems like when building out a cigar lounge ventilation would be one of the key focus areas to not scrimp on. But I guess it's like everything else it comes down to the budget.

It's a nice lounge otherwise. I came up with a workaround. I plan to go only on less busy evenings. Which is typically Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks for letting me "vent"!

--Dan
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote