Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2002, 08:28 PM   #1
jchamb
Club Member

I finally managed to grab a 5 pack of these at 'CB' last week, so I tried one after dinner this evening.
To my knowledge, these are the same blend as the "regular" #2s, but with a Brazilian Sun Grown wrapper instead of the Cameroon. Actually the Cameroon wrapper on the regular line is pretty dark, so there's not a real vast difference between the look of the two cigars.
The word I'd use to describe this cigar is "smooth". After smoking a dozen or so of the Cameroon Preferidos, I have come to expect perfection in the construction, burn and draw -- and the maduro was no exception. Then again, for the price of these puppies, one would expect a well made cigar.

The maduro didn't seem as complex as the Cameroon wrapper, but was instead a very mellow, smooth, and creamy smoke. A really delicious cigar, which I enjoyed right down to the nub. It had an 'earthy' taste, with perhaps a slight nutty flavor.

Honestly, I really don't know if I like these better than the Cameroon wrapped cigars. I find that unusual since I am a total maduro whore. This makes two recent cigars (CAO L'Anniversario being the other) in which I think I prefer the Cameroon over the maduro (very unusual for me).

Anyway, a really good cigar! The Preferido line has quickly become my favorite non-Cuban cigar, and as long as I can get them at a reasonable price (not the $15-20 each that my local guy charges!), I'll continue to treat myself to one a week.