Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
Big_Al96

Angels vs Yankees - Lets Hear It!

As expected, the Yankee fans are in full smack-talk mode ... and my good NHL-friend, GarMe1962, shoots me a PM challenging my dedication to the Halos - questioning if I'm simply a Rally Monkey fan.

So the deal is done ... a nice little 5-pack to the winner ... Big_Al96 = Angels ... GarMe1962 = Yankees.

So this is why I'll be taking GarMe's stash of tasty 5s:

1) The Yankees are the Angels b*tch (who's your daddy??) The big-bad Yankees don't intimidate anyone here in The O.C., SoCal ... why should they?? Since Torre took over, the Angels are the only team with a winning record against the Yanks. And let's not forget 6-4 vs the Yankees this season ... thus our home field advantage.

2) Offense - ok - the Yanks kick our a$$ in that department. Freaking phenomenal and explosive at the plate. But really - come October - its really about pitching and defense.

3) Speaking of pitching ... I'll take Colon and Lackey as starters and the Shields/Frankie combo will match the Gordon/Rivera team.

4) Defense - Angels are the clear winners ... heck, SoCal boy Giambi can barely move at first ... Cano is an error waiting to happen ... and compare Jeter vs Cabrera as SS ... I could go on and on ... Angels dee is superior to the Yanks.

But hey - enough analysis ... should be a helluv a series ... GO HALOS!!!