Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2004, 07:52 AM   #10
SmokeAndSpice
Club Member

Re: Homebrew and Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum Fudge
I've been brewing since 1988, competing and judging since 1995 and have enough points to be a National judge (but am 1 point shy on the test). I judge infrequently, but only got into that part to help improve my beers and try new styles.
That sounds a lot like me-- brewing since about '87, all-grain and part of the competition scene since '95, re-tested up to National level a few years ago. I still judge 4-6 times per year but don't enter as much, mostly because I keg more these days and don't have as many bottles sitting around.

I''m not much one for gadgets, prefering a hands-on approach.

Lately I've been brewing a lot of single hop variety blonde ales (I have a Simcoe batch ready to keg), and also like doing big beers and American Brown Ales.

For meads, I like cysers and fruit cysers, and each year I always make at least one batch of cherry cyser using cherries from the tree in the front yard. I like them semi-sweet, and still.

_gonz_: mead doesn't take a lot of equipment or space, just someplace that doesn't get too warm where you can leave a carboy (or three ) sit undisturbed for awhile.
SmokeAndSpice is offline   Reply With Quote