Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 04-17-2004, 12:01 PM   #31
parshooter
Herf God

Frank Sinatra & Sammy Davis Jr, same concert, along with Liza Minelli (cause Dean Martin was sick).

#69 of the JLOH
parshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 07:45 AM   #32
chinkowski

SRV
jerry garcia and brent
frank zappa
i saw srv open up for robert plant and he stole the fucking show. it was in rochester, i think one of his last shows.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:47 AM   #33
DrMaddVibe

Some awesome names in here...

Zappa, Queen, SRV, Metallica w/ Burton,Blind Melon, Nirvana, AC/DC w/ Bon Scott, U2 w/ The Alarm @ a Jai-Alai arena, INXS, original lineup of RHCP and The Police.

Saw the Police @ Disney World with about a 100 other people in support of Regatta de Blanc! THAT was awesome!

Judas Priest back in the day...ROCKED! They're back now and touring...rumour has it that they're thinking about another studio album in addition to the recently released "greatest hits"...how does a band like that have a "hits" package, when EVERY release set the bar higher!
DrMaddVibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #34
chinkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMaddVibe
Some awesome names in here...

Zappa, Queen, SRV, Metallica w/ Burton,Blind Melon, Nirvana, AC/DC w/ Bon Scott, U2 w/ The Alarm @ a Jai-Alai arena, INXS, original lineup of RHCP and The Police.

Saw the Police @ Disney World with about a 100 other people in support of Regatta de Blanc! THAT was awesome!

Judas Priest back in the day...ROCKED! They're back now and touring...rumour has it that they're thinking about another studio album in addition to the recently released "greatest hits"...how does a band like that have a "hits" package, when EVERY release set the bar higher!
that police show must have kicked some ass. its good to see priest back in action.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:43 AM   #35
DrMaddVibe

With only 2 records under their belt...they played them all except Sally...sumptin' 'bout the family atmosphere.

They'll allow Gay Days, but won't allow a band to sing about an inflatable doll

FWIW...I was @ Disney World when they pulled the plug on Chuck Berry. He prefaced a song with the statement; "I'm probably gonna get in trouble, but I've had a lot of requests for this next song". He started playing "My Ding A Ling" and sure enough they pulled the power to the stage. Chuck did an a capella rendition and teased the crowd to yell the chorus so Tinkerbell could hear it from atop the castle. That was an awesome in your face moment that only Rock 'n' Roll could deliver!
Old 06-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #36
magnus5
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Parshooter I went to that same tour of Sinatra and Sammie....coulda done w/o Liza. Otherwise a great show.

SRV (7 times)
Cash (too many times to count), Waylon and Willie( though he ain't dead...yet)...All together was a good show
Dizzie Gillespie (awesome)
Chet Atkins
Miles Davis, though I agree with Tommy, when I saw him his was in a weird period
Ray Charles (several times, but the most memorable was w/ Maynard Ferguson)
Randy Rhoads
Old 06-18-2004, 04:07 PM   #37
DrMaddVibe

I forgot...The Clash! :P