Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2022, 10:27 AM   #2
Ljutic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbauerllc View Post
Specifications:

Recent production and CA's 2004 review all list the entire linea as box pressed, but I only see the slightest hint of it near the foot, so unsure what to make of that.

Hopefully Bruce aka @Ljutic (or anyone else) can shed some light on this, as I would think 18 years of being stored in its box with others would create a box press that wasn’t done by the manufacturer, or maintain the manufacturer’s box press, not cause a manufacturer’s box press to disappear. He has quite the nc collection as you can see from all my reviews, and has a very surprisingly good memory when it comes to his cigars.

I think only I will be able to answer this question about the box press in this specific instance as it has to do with the specific packaging of these cigars. The review from 2004 and current production is correct. Normal production will have a sharp box press. These were different. Cigars were left in the round and bundled together with one each of maduro, cameroon, and extreme. That assorted mazo of 3 was stuffed into a triangular cedar sleeve. 8 cedar sleeves were boxed together to make a 24 count Trois Diamant assortment. The partial press you see at the foot was probably caused by the triangular cedar sleeve making contact with the cigar.

Last edited by Ljutic; 08-27-2022 at 10:30 AM.
Ljutic is offline   Reply With Quote