Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2003, 08:30 AM   #1
CastlemanCigars
Club Member

A Night With Willie Nelson

Fellas –

Last nite some friends and I went out to see Willie Nelson in concert. Now when I was a boy I went with my father to see him play but remember very little about it. The show started almost an hour late which worked to our advantage because it gave the hot Texas sun a little time to cool off (101 here yesterday). Anyway, the MC introduced Willie who came out to a huge standing ovation. He greeted us all and started to play … two hours later he stopped.

What a friggin concert!!! You can take all your Britney Spears and J Lo (sorry Cotty) and shove it. All your fancy stage shows with fireworks and dance moves, big sets with more technology than Nasa – cause I’ll take Willie standing up there with his live band playing and singing from his heart anytime. If you get the chance go to one of his concerts – it will change your mind about what music and musicians truly are.

Cigar content – I am going to smoke a Montecristo #2 tonight in his honor.
CastlemanCigars is offline   Reply With Quote