Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
tonpax

Question about my hygrometer and humidity.

I have a western electronic digital or whatever Hygrometer that I bought with my cabinet humidor. I haven't really smoked much in the past year or 2 due to burn out. Nothing really tasted good for a while. Anyway, I was a bad boy and let my humi probably dry out along with about 100 cigars in it. Just Connie 9's though. Well, I've been running it again for the past month or two and I'm having a lot of trouble with getting the Oasis II to get stable. I checked the hygrometer after a few weeks and it had said the humidity was 75% or so but it didn't feel like it in there at all. I'm wondering about the accuracy of my hygrometer for one. Is there any way I can test to see if it's working properly?

The Oasis has a dial on it to adjust the humidity on the top but has no gauges or marking to help you know where to put it so it's a bit of a guessing game and trial and error. I'm just worried about getting my humi back to 65% and stable before I start stocking higher end cigars in it.
tonpax is offline   Reply With Quote