Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
roptat
Starting Member

Newbie to the forum and true cigar enjoyment

Hello. I'm very new to true cigar enjoyment. Since the age of 15 I have enjoyed the gas station swisher sweets, but as of three years ago I went to Mexico and enjoyed my first cuban (not good enough to know about brands and such yet).
Since then I have decided that Cigars need to be my hobby. Bad thing is the only person I know with knowledge lives 2 states away. Getting tires of having to have my friend shop with me, or even worse, mooch from him.
I got a humidor for my birthday, and will soon be in possession of some cubans from my friend due to his trip to Mexico. Again, I have to rely on him to treat me right.
My hope is to be able to use the knowledge from this group to help me become my own expert on cigar buying, storing, and enjoying.
I welcome any and all suggestions, critizisms, and whatever else might help me in persuing this hobby.

Thanks in advance,

Wilbur
roptat is offline   Reply With Quote