Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
MalkavianX

Mold--HELP!

Just checked my humi and noticed a cheapo cigar on the top shelf had developed a spotting of mold. No worries, just removed it.

Then, noticed the humidity was pushing 70%; that's a bit high for where I like to keep my sticks, and also unusual in that I hadn't messed with the floral foam or gel stick I have in several months. The house I'm in now must just be humid or something. At any rate, I removed the floral foam, as I know it's prone to molding, and in inspecting the cigars, I noticed mold spots on the outside of the cello of a few.

NOW, I've removed all the cello from the humidor, and all the humidification elements (hope to dry it out down to my usual 65% or 62% to make it a bit to make it less hospitable for mold)

My question is, since the majority of cigars in there were covered in cello, should I be worried that they're going to mold? The sticks themselves were flawless looking, and there was only mild spotting on 2 cello wrappers. The ambient temp the humi stays at is anywhere from the low 50s to low 60s, if that makes any difference.
MalkavianX is offline   Reply With Quote