Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Venturea Cigars Archetype addendum

Ventura Archetype Axis Mundi

For those of you who have read my review of the Ventura Archetype series, it seems that there are two more cigars in this series, and tonight I will be reviewing the strongest of the series, the Axis Mundi Robusto. In defense of Ventura, this and one other of the series were not ready for IPCPR16, so this is my initial experience with this cigar. Tonight I will be pairing it with a New Mexico Imperial Java Stout.

A very good bunch with medium tobacco notes from the wrapper and foot. A perfect cold draw.

nitial draw is already presenting me with complexity that I will have to figure out. Medium to full tobacco notes with other flavors that I have yet to determine. Very nice tobacco notes clothed in other flavors that I am working to identify.

Excellent Maduro flavos, but so far no pepper although there is a light coffee flavor on this tongue. A firm medium grey ash holds on to a mostly even burn. Plentiful pleasant smoke from every draw. So far the cigar and the beer are a perfect pairing.

According to the Ventura model, this would be the final step of the hero's journey, as when Odysseus returns home to defend (violently) his wife from her many suitors. The strength of this cigar supports that with a full body and flavor.

At 2/3 you can see the strength of the hero defending his family from the onslaught of those who wish to replace him. Black pepper in the retrohale speaks to this strength, along with the deepening tobacco notes. Remembering that Odyssyus was left without his strongest allies Achilles and Axis makes his strength (and the strength of the cigar) all that more appropriate.

The strength of the cigar continues to build, as did the strength of Osyssius against his foes. The tobacco notes continue to build towards a victorious conclusion.

I will have to locate and smoke the fourth of this series to bridge between my review of the first three of the series to complete the story, but this cigar provides a very solid conclusion.

At 2/3 the cigar has built to a crescendo of the story without overwhelming the smoker. A a very strong but still smooth conclusion to the story of the hero.

This is the first set of cigars that I have encountered to attempt to tell a story, and Ventura has done a very good job.

When you see this series of cigars I would highly recommend buying one of each and smoking them in order to get the complete story as told.

Put it down at one inch, this cigar is excellent for full body fans, even if you decide to not follow the story that Ventura provides. Excellent construction, perfect draw and excellent burn make it stand up as a great cigar all on it's own. 8.9/10. Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote