Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2002, 11:27 PM   #1
JinE

Reposted from the JRbbs...

The Cigar: I Think it’s an Oscuro Topper
Grade: C+

http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/Topper.jpg

Stinky Pete is my big fat lazy dog. He lies dormant 20 hours of the day. The other 4 are spent eating, pissing, sh*ting, and begging for more food. When I got home today Stinky Pete charged me like I was a Spanish bull fighter.

“You have to Pee???” I ask.

Pete sat and stared at me like I was a lepper…

“You have to Sh*T?” I asked,

Pete spun a few circles and hopped in the air a few time. It takes a LOT to get Pete in the air… it’s a trick he will normally only resort to in order to grab a morsel of food.

Well… Pete had to take a dump… so I thought it would be a great time to take out one of the free sticks Clown (From JRBBS) sent me to review. In honor of Pete I grabbed a short dark perfecto-ish looking gar from Clown’s sampler. I think it’s a topper… but what the hell do I know? I grabbed a glass of my favorite byproduct of combustion (water for those of non-nerds) and quickly headed outside.

I attempted to sample the pre-light aroma, but since my nose was stuffed I had to take the cigar in my right hand… hold it in my right nostel, close off my left nostrel with my left hand, and then take a nice big snort. While I did get plenty of aromas I would not suggest this… since sucking in a bit of cigar filler into your nose burns the hell out of your sinus cavities. Anyhoo… The burning sensation masked any sort of aroma I would have gotten. The cigar was very rustic. If I would have known better I would have guessed this thing was rolled by the finest roller in all of Taco Bell. A huge vein ran the entire length of the cigar… this thing really did look like someone took a leaf out of their back yard and rolled it around some filler.

Since Pete was now break-dancing in the kitchen I thought it prudent to hasten the trip to go potty. I clipped the head and started toasting the foot. The smell was very acrid, it reminded me of burning brake pads. I was dreading the cigar at first… but after putting the cigar to my lips… I was truly shocked how yummy this thing was! The gar had a very sweet maduro taste. Great draw, good smoke volume, wonderful taste. If I didn’t know better I would have thunk I was smoking a mocachino. There was only a hint of spice in the back of my throat… wonderful mixture of flavors. My only complaint was how bad thins thing smelled! I had a stuffed nose and I could still smell it’s pungent aroma. I smoked it for about 15 minutes before I put it down gently in the middle of the pond with a Randy Johnson type slider. Good smoke… I would not hesitate to smoke one again. If this aint a topper… let me know WTF it is!

BTW… Pete DID have to dump. Oh Boy did he have to dump!

-Jin “Master Dog Rocketer” E
JinE is offline   Reply With Quote