Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2004, 07:53 AM   #1
tedski
Club Member

Anyone up for a pipe tobacco box pass?

I've been in quite a number of these. Many of them were huge ... having almost 10 pounds of tobacco and tins flying around the country. As the pipe smokers group here is much smaller, I though that it would be good to have an appropriate sized box pass.

I'd start it off with about 5-10 sealed + open tins ... and lots of ziplock bags of bulk. The rules would be simple:

1. Take whatever you like ... but replace with something similiar. Example - If you take a partial tin, replace with a partial tin. Note that sealed tins can be used to replace partials or bulk bags.
2. Feel free to take samples from any of the bulk bags or opened tins ... But do not open a sealed tin to take a sample.
3. No glass containers.
4. Keep the bulk bags sealed and ensure they all are labeled. We don't need any "mystery" blends.
5. Put partial tins in ziplock bags to prevent the tobacco from drying out.
6. Minimum of 6 and max of 12 participants.

This would be a good opportunity for you noobs to sample a wide variety of tobacco. I'd prefer this be for US residents only due to obvious customs restrictions on tobacco products.

Please post here if you're interested and PM me with your details.