Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #1
csaclint
Club Member

Steve Gaines

I am a big time Skynyrd fan and a fan of Steve Gaines (lead guitar) on his own account. I had a friend one time lend me an album of his on CD and fell in love with it. One song called "One in the Sun" really stood out and is one of my favorite songs ever. Unfortunately, being the honest citizen(read to stupid to think ahead) that i am, I failed to make a copy of it. Well now years later i've stumbled upon a myspace page that has this song on it, and man how good it is to hear that tune again. It really gets me to playing the "what might have been" game. So many really talented muscians died way to young. Steve Gaines and Ronnie Van Zant in the plane crash, Stevie Ray Vaughan in his helicopter crash, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Hank Williams, and a hundred more I'm sure I'm forgetting(and a thousand i've never heard of). Now I know that some of those invited death with the lives they lived, but some like Ronnie and Steve were taken by events they had no control. Stevie Ray Vaughan who had a history with drugs, had overcome his problems and was making the best music of his life when he died in a helicopter crash. It just really blows my mind to think of what kind of music we would have today if some of these people had lived to produce a body of work that spanned the years and the social changes that came with them.
csaclint is offline   Reply With Quote