Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Humidor failure.

Went to the liquor store the other day and got wine for thanksgiving. Moscato, Riesling, etc, sweet whites for the family. Last year I brought home the 2 foot tall bright blue 750 liter of Riesling for only one purpose; I wanted to watch the fight that was going to break out over who got to take the empty bottles home, after the bottles were emptied.

But, I digress. They keep a humidor, and good god, they've just abandoned everything and sold out to the schmuck who services them. The thing has basically got 16 feet or so of wall space, 4-5 shelves high. They abandoned it entirely to CI "Knockoffs," the CI version of alts. 3 boxes of romeo labels. 5 of Cao flavors. a box of fuente curly heads, some cuban honeys, 3 acid. Maybe a total of 6 feet devoted to genuine premiums, the entire room was otherwise devoted strictly to the bundled generics stacked into bins, hand written paper labels (sharpie) scotch taped into place.

I've never seen an uglier, more pathetic display of tobacco that wasn't sold next to the crack pipes, red bull, and fountain drinks. I hope it's working for them. No, really, I hope it's failing miserably, and they put in something that won't leave a stink in my mind's eye for the rest of forever. hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of products walking out of that store every year, and what sort of god awful mess was that?

I always bought one cigar every visit, a $5 stick, just to reward them from putting a humidor in. Not this time. Not again. Not unless they dump this stupid idea.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote