Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #11
superbob76

That looks like the famous Sam-a-dor from a while back. If it's the same company (and it probably is, the same company who manufactured them for Sam's club made the one I bought on ebay) it's going to be darn good for a starter humi.

I know, as almost all of us do, that it sounds funny saying that a 125 ct humi is a good "starter" humi. I started with a 100 count humidor a year about a year ago... now I personally own two and have official appropriated my girlfriend's humidor for the overflow. They are all now completely full and I'm trying to find a decent solution. I'm thinking a coolerdor at work, but that would leave me with either a cooler at my desk (arousing suspicion), or leaving a cooler in the server room (also arousing suspicion, and since my co-netadmins smoke cigars, would likely lead to mooching!). Do yourself a favor, get a bigger humidor than you think you need. You WILL fill it, when you can get a spectacular catch at cbid for 5'rs you want to try you'll be surprised how quickly it'll fill up. Heck, win 3 auctions and you've got 15 more sticks coming.

And YES get the beads and the digital hygrometer. My girlfriend's hygro was off by 15% when I first got it, adjusted it, and it's still garbage. I like the Little Havana hygro myself, it's the size of about a robusto and fits neatly into your humidor.