Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
Black Plague
Herf Meister

Anyone else here roll their own?

I know this must look wierd posting this here, but in a way, cigarettes are the descendents of pipes (if you haven't heard the story, supposed a French-Algerian or Turkish-Egyptian solider, depending on who tells you the story, broke his pipe while fighting in the Crimean War and made due by using catridge paper to wrap his tobacco in).

Anyway, I roll my own cigarettes. Most of the time I use a CTC Premier Twin tube-injector to inject my tobacco into tubes (I prefer Zig-Zag tubes), but I occassionally use a Zen rolling machine to make unfiltereds. I know many of you out there think cigarettes are nasty, but RYO or MYO (Roll-Your-Own or Make-Your-Own) cigarettes, to me, are a world apart. Not only is it MUCH cheaper (I can make a carton's worth of smokes for only about $15), but the tobacco tastes exponentially better than prepackaged ones like Camel or Marlboro.

Of the tobaccos I enjoy, I love Turkish tobaccos, halfzwares (a mix of Burley and Virginia really only used for cigarettes), Virginia blends, and every once in a while, a blend with a pinch of Perique in it. Brands I buy in the store are usually Drum, Bali Shag (Red and Turkish), Gauloises, Peter Stokkebye Turkish Export and whatever pipe tobacco I might want for a blend (and yes, you can make some nice cigarette blends with pipe tobacco, but you have to dry it a little more).

So does anyone else here roll you own?
Black Plague is offline   Reply With Quote