Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2004, 10:38 AM   #1
bigsmoker

Cross-Eyed Cricket

A seemingly well known C&D creation. Seems like many peole have tried this blend, out of curiosity more than anything. Ive had this tin for a few months and the date stamp on it indicates it is now one year old. The tin aroma reminds me of the raspberry cream chocolates I get from a chocolate shop in this area. I heard others describe the aroma as everything from fruit to vomit. The lighting of the tobacco definetly brings a battle between the "punch flavor" although more like Hazelnut coffee to my taste buds,and the present Latakia. The post smoke aroma is not as "heady" as the tin aroma and is rather pleasant. Like most C&D products the burn was easy and the tobacco was on the drier side but no harshness was present. Im not a big Perique smoker and dont really notice its distinct flavor in this blend. For you fast smokers this one didnt seem to get hot and cause a fire on the tongue, Nor did it get sticky at the bottom of the bowl. My guess is it will take me quite awhile to finish the tin , while the flavor remains totally consistant throughout the bowl to my taste raspberries and latakia are not something I will reach for on a daily basis. as always YMMV