Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2003, 05:28 AM   #1
stockscalper

CI Original Cubans

These weren't as purdy as the Corojos, but they weren't ugly either. A nice medium to dark brown wrapper that was not as oily as the Corojos, but was smooth and without any visible flaws. The prelight aroma wasn't as pronounced either, but still approached the olfactory senses with a pleasant pure tobacco aroma. A well made cigar, firm to the touch these were robustos, 5x50. I punched it and lit it up. This stogie drew extremely well from the git go and throughout the smoke. It gave off loads of smoke, burned evenly and held a white flakey firm ash. The flavor was somewhat remininescent of some Havanas that I've had, spicy without the harshness that too much ligero can sometimes add, but lacking in the depth and complexity that a Havana can offer. Still, right off the truck this was an excellent smoke; a winner in my simple mind! I will be sure to order more of these and try different sizes too. I like a cigar I can smoke right away and this is one of them. It probably will get better with age, but I doubt these are going to last long enough to age.

4 1/2 scalps