Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2003, 11:40 AM   #1
Buckeye Jack
Club Member

My First Great Experience

Well I knew it would come eventually. I walked into a local Tinderbox that I go into fairly regularly. The guy who manages it is an avid pipe smoker, so I talked to him a bit. It was the first time I had been in since I picked my pipe back up. He told me a couple of tricks of packing and building up a nice cake on the inside. He also sold me a couple of ounces of Wilshire, a bulk tobacco they sell under the Tinder Box name.

I packed the bowl when I got home just like he said, and it turned out to be the best smoking bowl I've ever had. The Wilshire was also awsome. I think the tast of the Wilshire was enhanced by the fact that it was the first bowl I've ever got to burn really well.

After I was done, he told me to break up the ash in the bottom of the bowl, put my thumb over the hole, and shake it up. It really puts a nice coating on the inside of the bowl.

Heres a review I found of Wilshire.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_...LPHA=1&TID=630

It goes by a lot of different names it looks like. Doesn't look like its popular among the seasoned smokers, but it was good to me, and definitely different from the Blue Note I bought. Now I'm really looking forward to trying a bowl of Blue Note with my new found packing technique!