Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2003, 09:23 AM   #1
Buckeye Jack
Club Member

Newbie Comes Out

I recently found my pipe again after a few years, I thought about ligting it back up again. It's a Savoy model I bought from Holts when they were having a sale. I remember my brief moment smoking wasn't great mostly due to a tobacco of the month club I was in was sending me stuff that I was told should have been sent to people not just starting off.

Also in the same box with my pipe I found my grandpa's tobacco container, It's a really nice clay(?) piece. I top on it that you push into the top, and then screw down. It has a marking of Comoy's of London. It's atleast 25 years old . . I would say older because he passed in 86 and I don't remember his pipe smoking years.

So I bought a tin of Blue Note. I went into the local shop that has the best selction and told them I wanted something mild and sweet. Is this a good choice? The tin is on so tight I can't even smell it yet.

Anyone want to suggest anything else to me? Any of you fellow cigar smokers maybe want to trade me some samples of pipe tobacco for some cigars?

My next step is going to be buying a vector pipe lighter from Mike at Bargain Humidors. I've seen his up close, and I like it a lot. The tamper on the end is kind of nice also.

Well, I've rambled on enough. Any suggestions would be great!