Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
otto_sear

Punch Super Selección No. 1 (2005)

I selected this cigar during a box pass and placed it in the singles tray of my desktop humidor at work where it sat for several months in relative anonymity. I actually had forgotten what it was, and had to dig up the cigar pass thread to figure it out. Anyway, the last few times I opened the humidor, it was sitting right on top, point blank, staring me in the face. So last Friday, after having been given the green light to leave work early, I grabbed it and headed out the door.

The cigar felt firm, but not too firm. The wrapper exhibited a pale greenish-brown shade, with a few veins here and there. It smelled of cedar and tobacco. After clipping the head, it lit quite easily. From that point forward, I was amazed at the burn and complexity of this cigar.

I have heard people decribe certain cigars as having a "fruity" taste, but I had never experienced that before. How could a cigar taste like fruit? Now I know. Light tobacco, a bit of spice, wood, and fruit was all I could taste for the next hour. The cigar was never harsh, and it had a very solid ash and the most even burn I have ever witnessed.

I found this cigar so intruiging that from the onset, I could not put it down. I just kept staring at it and wondering how it came to taste that way, and how I could get my hands on more of them. It definitely gave me a new perspective on Punch cigars. I probably would not want to smoke a SS#1 every day, but for a "change of pace" smoke, they are hard to beat, at least in my opinion.
otto_sear is offline   Reply With Quote