Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

El Ray de los Habana

This is another cigar made by Pepin Garcia, it was a torpedo sized cigar with a good looking Nicaraguan wrapper. The box has been in my humidor for only two weeks.

Prelight - The looks of this cigar were stunning. A medium brown wrapper was perfect except for a very small vein running through it. The prelight draw gave a taste of leather and an earthy profile. It clip nicely and I couldn't wait to light it up.

Burn & Ash - The burn was a little off but it corrected itself every time. The ash was a little flaky but not enough to worry it would fall off when you didn't expect it. The clor of the ash was a gray with some black intermingled.

Enjoyment Level - This cigar was medium to full with a flavor profile of earth , leather and some dark chocolate. As with most Pepin Garcia s cigars it started out with the expected explosion of pepper, but it subcided quickly. I must say this cigar is the best Garcia I have ever smoked. Never harsh or overpowering, but smooth and gave volumes of smoke. I kept looking at the cigar wondering how I had not tried this cigar before and thinking I needed to get another box, because I don't think this box will be around for long. I can't explain how enjoyable this cigar was.

Conclusion - If you can already tell this cigar is a definite winner in my opinion. I nubbed it, which is rare for me. I totally enjoyed this cigar.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote