Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
gui_tarzan
Herf God

IPCPR Cuatro Cinco

At first glance this looked like it could be a really flavorful cigar. The dark brown wrapper and plentiful filler smelled great and was rich with dark tobacco aromas, much like black tobacco leaf for pipes.

The bunch was soft and drew very free despite the obviously large amount of leaf inside. They call this one a "soft" box press and it is soft but not mushy. The texture of the wrapper is very nice with few veins and the cap cut clean.

That, however is where the pleasantries stopped. After lighting I got a very sharp taste, something like a burnt sugar with a metallic aftertaste. I let it rest for a few minutes and continued. The metallic taste was still there and wasn't letting up even after the first inch so I let it go out.

Even though it burned well and didn't need any touchups, I could not continue with this one after another attempt, it was just too grassy as it burned.

It's too bad really, the pre-light aroma was very nice and that's what I expected it to be like after being lit. Unfortunately this one did not hold up that that expectation.

The four most dangerous words in the US government: "and for other purposes"

I am an AJ Fernandez ho...
gui_tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote