Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #21
cubano67
Herf Meister

Update

After being paralyzed with confusion I broke down and put in a variety of tobacco from the Altadis "Galleria of Tobacco" series. I told my rep to send me the 8 top selling blends. This was a good deal for me because the setup came with a nice stand and jars. He started me off with Blue Note, Fox & Hound, Rum & Maple, Montego Bay, Night Cap, Irish Cream, Nougat and Wild Cherry. From day one, I can hardly keep this stuff in stock. I'm moving a couple of pounds a week of some of these and all are selling well. I recently added Simplicity and Midnight Smoke. I've tried them all now, and the only ones I really care for are Fox & Hound, Night Cap and Simplicty. I'm not going to review them, suffice it to say, I like these better than the others.

Now, at RTDA, I picked up a bunch of new bulk stuff and tins from CAO - I don't remember what off the top of my head, but I'll dig up my order later. I got a huge sample of Old Ironsides and of Bill Baileys Balkan. Old Ironsides is just f-ing fantastic! Not much written about it here, but wow is it good. The Bill Baileys is also very good.

I also picked up a nice supply of pipes and supplies from Music City Marketing - Pipes all in the $40-$80 retail range. Stanwell and Butz-Choquin mostly, plus some corncobs and a couple of meers. I'm still searching for a local source for good estate pipes. I found a few pipes at a local antique shop for a decent price - aside from replacing the stem, can someone help me out with what I need to do to clean them?

I'm pretty happy with where I'm at overall. There seems to be a huge potential for growth on this side of the business (especially with the new tax looming).

Since business is a bit slow today, I'm going to load up a bowl of Old Ironsides and head out to the porch with a cup of Venezuelan Vendetta and watch the construction across the street for a while.

www.cumberlandcigar.com
-----------------------------------
Support Your Local Tobacconist
cubano67 is offline   Reply With Quote